Thursday, December 5, 2013

Master Your Emotions






Please excuse my absence.  I've been spending time in confusion. 

I’m in the process of making major, sweeping changes to my core business. 

The type of all-encompassing changes that herald in a totally new business model.  It’s a business model that still supports microbusiness but bears little resemblance to my daily activity of talking with entrepreneurs and writing business plans.    

During this upheaval my mind is like a 3-ring circus.  With a full performance happening in every corner and crevice, my brain is at maximum capacity. Not to mention, my monkey mind is also living up to its name, with constant prodding, poking and an incessant restlessness.    

But I’ve been an entrepreneur for years and while this unsettled time is surely not fun, it’s not entirely unfamiliar.  As they say in Texas, this ain’t my first rodeo. 

If I can settle the beast within and remember the purpose of my activity; to grow an impressively profitable business while solving a problem for my target market, I will get through this transition and flourish. 

And I will because I have an arsenal of secret weapons. 

My cache of crutches is a recipe really that consists of equal parts spiritual, transformational and motivational material gleaned from some of the best teachers over the past twenty years.   

Sometimes it takes me awhile to remember I possess the tools that crush my confusion and allow me to go about the business of building a business.  But like riding a bike or swimming a lap, my mental muscle memory guarantees my training to  kick in and make my crooked places straight again. 

I guess it’s possible for people to build successful businesses without having these cycles of fear and overwhelm followed by confidence and vitality but for certain that’s not me.  For me it’s about using rituals that limit fear-based down cycles and encourage an environment where ideas flourish.     

There’s tons of ways to change your emotional state and allows you to take back your creation energy.   You can always start with a Tony Robbins type thing.  Or pick the person, activity or thing that works best for you. 

Sometimes it’s really simple.  As simple as watching a YouTube video.     

See if this doesn’t help:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUF36chCPuA

No comments:

Post a Comment